TNA wrestler Kurt Angle made an appearance on Spike TV’s “MMA Uncensored” on Thursday night. Here are some highlights courtesy of Prowrestling.net.
* Angle said King Mo has called to ask him when the “soreness from pro wrestling” will go away.
* He feels Dave Bautista will do well in his MMA debut citing that he has a good knockout punch based on “legit fights” he saw backstage at WWE.
* Angle said he would have entered MMA had he known how big it was going to become. He noted that at that time he was far too into pro wrestling and was main eventing Wrestlemania events. Angle said at the time the money was in pro wrestling.
* He confirmed Dana White’s claim that Angle was supposed to be part of The Ultimate Fighter show as a contestant. Angle said it was never a money problem with White, but that the starting date he was given was too soon in that he wanted at least three to six months to prepare. White was unable to grant him that.
* When a viewer asked about his behind the scenes wrestling match with Brock Lesnar when both were in WWE, Angle smiled and confirmed they had a match. Angle said he got the better of Lesnar and that Lesnar told him he was too small. He praised Lesnar’s MMA career with the UFC and said we didn’t get to see the real Lesnar in his last two fights due to his medical issues.
* When asked if he would ever consider MMA, Angle said if the money was good you never know.