Indy News Update #2 for August 29, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
The Union sent this in:
The UNION of Independent Professional Wrestlers returns to Toronto at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall (1083 Pape Avenue) on Saturday September 18th 2010. Steve Corino defends the UNION title against Sebastian Dark plus a one-night tournament for the UNION Tag titles. For more info and tickets, please go to www.WrestlersUnion.ca.
* * * * *
The UNION of Independent Professional Wrestlers returns to Toronto for its first event in almost three years with “REBIRTH OF THE COOL” on Saturday September 18th 2010 at the Todmorden Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion (1083 Pape Avenue). Doors open at 7pm. Bell time is 7:30. It’s hard-hitting, high-flying, fast-paced, no holds barred wrestling action the way that only The UNION can deliver!
In the main event of the evening, it’s a grudge match almost 3 years in the making as “The King of Old School” STEVE CORINO defends his UNION Heavyweight title against the former champion SEBASTIAN DARK, leader of The MIRACLE VIOLENCE CULT. “The Bastard Son of 1,000 Corpses” tried to end Corino’s life the night he won the title by attacking him and attempting to suffocate him with a plastic bag. Now, Dark gets his shot at the title and Corino gets his shot at revenge.
Then, four of Ontario’s top tag teams will compete in a one-night tournament to decide the new UNION Tag Team champions. The two first-round matches are set as SEBASTIAN SUAVE and BRENT BANKS team up to face members of the Miracle Violence Cult, “The Canadian Crazy Horse” MICHAEL ELGIN and “Rockstar” ASHLEY SIXX. Plus, THE YOUNG & THE RELENTLESS will do battle with THE HOLLYWOOD HUNKS. The winners of these two matches will face each other later in the night to crown the new champions.
Also on the card, international wrestling star RICO MONTANA returns from another successful tour of Mexico to challenge up-and-coming young sensation JOSH ALEXANDER. Montana demanded this match from UNION Officials saying that Josh was “a little boy in a man’s sport” and that “he needs to learn the meaning of respect”. And the Northern Lights Cruiserweight Division kicks off in style with two fast-paced, high-flying fights. First, “The High Risk Hero” RIP IMPACT goes to war against “Impact” EDDIE OSBOURNE and then “The Midnight Special” RJ CITY will try to outsmart “The Hacker” SCOTTY O’SHEA.
Tickets are on sale now online at www.MerchTableOnline.com: the official online store of The UNION. You can also pick up advance tickets at $TRETCH THRIFT STORE (974 Pape Avenue) and SILVER SNAIL COMICS (367 Queen Street West). Tickets are $12 in advance and just $15 at the door. The very limited VIP ticket package is $30 and includes upgraded seating, t-shirt and a DVD.
For more info, visit the all-new official UIPW website at www.WrestlersUnion.ca or contact WrestlersUnion@gmail.com.
Todd Brantley sent this report in:
Quick Results from NWA New York’s “Flyin’ High” at The German House in Rochester, New York:
1. The preshow invitational battle royal was ruled a no-contest after interference from The Easy Riders
2. The Easy Riders (w/Johnny Kayfabe) defeated Great Thinkers United (Jack Socrates and Jake Aristotle)
1. “Superbad” Richard Venice defeated No Limits Champion Spazz & Cloudy in a triple threat match to become the new champion
2. Tag Team Champions The Caribbean Connection defeated The McCloud Brothers, “Big Rig” Brodie Lee & “Wide Load” Dewey Lee, & The Young & The Wrestlers in a four corners elimination match
Order of elimination: The Young & The Wrestlers by The McCloud Brothers, The McCloud Brothers by Brodie & Dewey Lee, Brodie & Dewey Lee by The Caribbean Connection
3. Johnny Kayfabe defeated Chip Stetson to become new owner of NWA New York
4. Cheech defeated “Cock of the Walk” Will Calrissian
5. “The Havana Pitbull” Ricky Reyes (w/Star Rider) defeated Sean Spears
6. Hellcat defeated Rob “Just 2” Sweet
7. “Omega” Aaron Draven & “Gorgeous” Ben Golden (w/Star Rider) defeated Primo Scardino & “Notorious” Shane Taylor
8. Heavyweight Champion “The Bull of Black Mountain” Gabreal Saint vs. “Big League” John McChesney was ruled a time-limit draw
NWA New York returns to The German House Saturday October 23rd for the annual NWA New York Indytational Tournament. Check out www.nwanewyork.com for further updates on who will be competing at this year’s show along with more news and all the fallout from Flyin’ High.