Indy News Update #1 for August 10, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
KSWA sent this in:
K.S.W.A. Krazy Tour 2010
Local Union 249 Fundrasier
7:30pm Saturday, August 14, 2010
4701 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Event Information Call 412-726-1762
K.S.W.A. Heavyweight Title Match
K.S.W.A. Heavyweight Champion
The Latin Assassin
“The Enforcer” Shawn Blanchard with Frank Durso
K.S.W.A. Golden Triangle Title Match
K.S.W.A. Golden Triangle Champion
“The King” Del Douglas with The Jester
Lord Zoltan, “Dr. Devastation” Lou Martin & Anthony Alexander with Frank Durso
Mike Malachi, Shane Starr & Kris Kash
“Iceman” Tony Johnson & Mitch Napier
Drew Belanger & J.P. Goulet
If Badfingers wins he gets a Golden Triangle Title Match on August 21st
KSWA Krazy Tour Continues With Teamsters Stop
August 10, 2010
by Trapper Tom, Ring Announcer/Wrestling Journalist
The Keystone State Wrestling Alliance, coming off of a tremendous fundraiser in Monongahela, hits the road once again, albeit not far from the Lawrenceville Moose. The Megastars of the KSWA will descend upon the Teamsters Union Local 249 this Saturday night at 7:00 p.m.
Former KSWA Heavyweight Champion Shawn Blanchard has instituted his rematch clause for a shot at The Latin Assassin’s strap. The opportunity may never be better for “The Enforcer,” who hopes to capture the championship for an unprecedented 6th time. The Latin Assassin is still recovering from a brutal attack by the VIPs that left him with a broken ankle. Blanchard’s time for a rematch is perfect, but The Latin Assassin, who holds the KSWA World Title with perhaps more pride than any other champion, is determined to keep what he has worked so hard to obtain.
The Golden Triangle Championship is on the line as The King Del Douglas defends against Justin Sane. Del Douglas has held the Golden Triangle Championship since December of last year and has knocked off challenger after challenger. Justin Sane says that after some recent setbacks, he has righted his ship and is ready for the next level of success. Unusual talk from a resident of the Smith’s Grove Sanitarium in Haddonfield, Illinois, but he has said crazier things. The King, who’s added a twisted Jester to his personal court, has never been better.
In Six-Man tag team action, members of the VIPs, “Dr. Devastation” Lou Martin and “The Prime Time Player” Anthony Alexander, team with “auxiliary member” Lord Zoltan to face the KSWA Tag Team Champions, Kris Kash and Shane Starr and the returning Big Mike Malachi. Malachi has been out of action since July 3 when the VIPs attacked him and Paul Scuillo Memorial Event organizer Eric Crouse. Malachi took the brunt of the beating and suffered a shoulder injury. Crouse, who will be at the Teamsters Hall to promote the upcoming September 4 event, avoided serious injury.
The six-man match should be exciting as the VIPs are seizing each chance to make a statement inside the squared circle. Add Lord Zoltan into the mix and that match is as unpredictable as you could see. Obviously, Kash and Starr are operating on all cylinders as the new tag champs and Malachi will be out for vengeance. Added bonus: how will Frank Durso and Mayor Mystery co-exist with their wards in the ring?
In tag team action, Mitch Napier and “The Iceman” Tony Johnson team to face the brand new “Canadian Nationals” team of J.P. Goulet and Drew Belanger. Napier and Johnson haven’t teamed before and the Nationals—Goulet and Belanger—both qualified for the Canadian Olympic team as wrestlers, then arrogantly turned down the invitation because they were refused limos and private 5-star hotel accommodations. Goulet and Belanger showed great skill in Monongahela. Johnson also exhibited tremendous upswing with superior athleticism, and Napier showed in his rookie year that he is already one of the best technical grapplers in the KSWA.
Vinnie Stone, who inexplicably hospitalized his tag team partner, Ric Rumsky at Summertime Bruise, once again hits the ring, this time against “All Business” Mike Buda. Stone has yet to publicly speak about the heinous attack that has injured Rumsky, perhaps permanently. Buda, who has shown capabilities to take a punch, may need his resilience. In addition to his patented spear, Stone has added an arm-bar submission move to his arsenal.
In a matchup that defies description, Ali Kaida is set to take on Biker Al. “The Afghani Assault Weapon” has proved himself more dangerous than ever. He was also in on the attack on The Latin Assassin and the intimidating VIPs were at a loss for words after watching his assault. Biker Al has busied himself with trying to get rid of “The Drunken Luchadore” Joey Quervo and The Great Toyota, neither of whom pose an Ali Kaida-type destructive force. Ali Kaida’s former long-time manager, Gentleman Joe Perri, may have some inside tips for Biker Al; however, Kaida is more vicious and more violent than ever before. Quite simply, Ali Kaida is the most dangerous Megastar, maybe in the history of the KSWA.
And following a tremendous win in Monongahela recently, Bobby Badfingers finds himself on the fast track to a shot at the Golden Triangle Championship. On Saturday, the Windy City Crusher takes on The Jester. If Bobby Badfingers wins, he gets a shot at the Golden Triangle Championship on August 21. The Jester, who has already shown himself to be a great distraction and foil for Del Douglas, brings a level of insanity to the squared-circle the Krazies haven’t seen since Justin Sane. Experience is on Badfingers’ side without a doubt, but could Douglas get involved? Will Douglas survive Justin Sane’s challenge?
The Teamster’s fundraiser is set for this Saturday, August 14, at the Teamster’s Temple, 4701 Butler Street in the Lawrenceville neighborhood within the city of Pittsburgh. Tickets are $15 for Reserved seating and $10 for General Admission. Bell time is 7:30 p.m. Card is subject to change.
Marty Lyons – K.S.W.A. Public Relations
Keystone State Wrestling Alliance
Danny Duggan sent this in:
8/10- CWE News and Notes
– Canadian Wrestling’s Elite will be in the house at Stereo Night Club in Winnipeg this Wednesday night to promote the Cruel Summer event at One World Studio’s the following night. CWE were contacted by Stereo management about being the official guests of honor for the night, a new weekly concept at the nightclub featuring and showcasing local sports standouts and celebrities. The night club is located on Elizabeth. With a lot of the international talent also arriving on the Wednesday this will be a night out you don’t want to miss!
– Two of CWE’s megastars are set to main event against each other in Japan. One of half of the CWE Tag Team champions Kenny Omega is scheduled to wrestle perhaps his greatest rival of all time, Mentallo. These two men have a rivalry dating back almost a decade and for the first time ever will compete against each other overseas for TAJIRI’s SMASH promotion. These two have had some of the greatest matches in Manitoba wrestling history and will undoubtedly leave the same impression in Japan. Is a first time match up in a CWE ring far behind?!
– Mentallo continues to become a bigger star by the day. “The Galaxy’s Own” just returned from Las Vegas, Nevada where he participated in TV Taping for MTV’s Lucha Libre program.
– CWE participated in the Cruz-In-Downtown festival this past Saturday. “Hotshot” Danny Duggan pinned “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews, CWE champion AJ Sanchez retained his title against challenger Zack Mercury, and in tag team action Danny Duggan and Zack Mercury beat the team of AJ Sanchez and Tommy Lee Curtis. Jayme Galloway was the special referee for the afternoon.
– CWE Tag Team champion “Hotshot” Danny Duggan added another tag team title to his waist when himself and CWE Wrestling Academy graduate Tyler Colton scored what many consider an upset over AJ Sanchez & Kevy Chevy to win the TRCW Tag Team titles Saturday evening during TRCW’s annual ballpark event at Buhler Park. With 2 victories over CWE champion AJ Sanchez in one day could this very well mean the challenger has the champs number this Thursday night?
– The Elite Wrestling Academy is now accepting new students for the fall. If you have dreams and aspirations of becoming a professional wrestler you now have the opportunity to train with the very best in Canadian wrestling. Visit www.thecwe.ca and check out the training section for more information.
– With the number of spots on CWE tours limited there has been talk internally about increasing the schedule locally to give more Winnipeg based wrestlers the opportunity to perfect their craft and give wrestlers currently not on the CWE roster a place to prove themselves to management.
– CWE champion AJ Sanchez’s addresses his Cruel Summer challenger, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upL3FTFfJNE
– “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews has words for Hurricane Helms, Paul Arcidi, and Jayme Galloway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iay7Ufu1BAI
– Zack Mercury speaks on behalf of himself and The Strip N Dales about their upcoming 6-man tag! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8mpn2kPIs
– AJ Sanchez politicking his way around the CWE locker room yet again, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAicDHU5eos
For more information on CWE visit www.thecwe.ca
Aaron Patton sent this in:
World Class Extreme Wrestling and Harvest Ministries presents:
“Turn The Page” 9 Year Anniversary Show
Saturday Night August 14th
Fusion Community Center (Formerly HMOC Center)
Wadesboro North Carolina
1134 East Caswell Street (Behind McDonalds and Pizza Hutt)
All Tickets $6
***Main Event*** “Fans Bring The Weapons” WCEW Heavyweight Title Match
Aaron “By Godd” Devil (C) VS. Chuck King
** A New WCEW NEW Class Champion To Be Crowned
Sweet Steven Stifler VS. A Former Champion T.B.A.
** Making their Return to WCEW – KC McKnight, Charlie Dreamer, DZ Hyde and a few suprises!!!
** WCEW ThunderGirls Diva Champion Fantasia to issue an open Challenge!
** WCEW Tag Titles to be Defended by The extreme Southern Outlaws!
** Extreme Title “Taped Fist Match” – Tracy Gilbert to defend against JackHammer!
** Extreme Title #1 Contenders Match – The CowBoy Charles Bass VS “The Money Clip’s” Shawn Sharpe w/Steven B Esquire…
Plus several more stars to be in the house….
****Following Date is Sept. 25th in Wadesboro!