Impact Wrestling announced Friday the company’s United We Stand event in Rahway, NJ on April 4 that was originally scheduled to be a Twitch TV broadcast will now air as a live iPPV exclusively on FITE TV.
You can read the full press release from Impact Wrestling below:
IMPACT Wrestling ‘United We Stand’ iPPV to Air Live Thursday, April 4 on FITE.tv
Rob Van Dam and Sabu return to IMPACT Wrestling against World Tag Team Champions The Lucha Brothers in an Extreme Dream Match
TORONTO | NEW YORK – IMPACT Wrestling announced today that United We Stand on April 4 in Rahway, NJ will air as a live pay-per-view event exclusively on FITE.tv.
Kicking off at 11:00 p.m. ET, United We Stand will feature the returns of former World Champion Rob Van Dam and hardcore wrestling legend Sabu to IMPACT Wrestling, as they challenge IMPACT World Tag Team Champions Pentagon Jr. and Fenix, the Lucha Brothers, in an Extreme Dream Match.
“We are delighted to welcome two legends in Rob Van Dam and Sabu back to an IMPACT Wrestling ring,” said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling. “Add this to the list of other matches we have announced and United We Stand is becoming a dream night of action for wrestling fans all over the world made available through our partners at FITE.tv.”
United We Stand will also present a Monster’s Ball to end all Monster’s Balls between two of the most intense, violent and hardcore wrestlers on the planet. Picking up where they left off after their barbed wire bat death match at Wrestling MediaCon last September in Manchester, Sami Callihan and Jimmy Havoc will battle in a dream hardcore encounter for the world to see.
In other featured matches:
- Ultimate X makes its return, as the chance to challenge X-Division Champion Rich Swann literally hangs in the balance. The match includes oVe’s Jake Crist representing IMPACT Wrestling, Jack Evans representing Lucha Libre AAA and Kotto Brazil representing Major League Wrestling (MLW) with additional entrants to be revealed in the coming weeks.
- In a special attraction intergender match, former World Champion Eli Drake goes one-on-one with former Knockouts Champion and third-generation star Tessa Blanchard.
- Team IMPACT Wrestling battles Team Lucha Underground in an eight-man tag team match. IMPACT will be represented by reigning World Champion Johnny Impact, Brian Cage, Eddie Edwards and Moose, while Lucha Underground’s team will include King Cuerno, Aerostar, Drago and Daga.
Tickets for United We Stand start at $40 and are available at IMPACTWrestling.com. The live pay-per-view event can be purchased on the FITE website www.FITE.tv or on the FITE app on all iOS and Android devices, or on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV and FireTV boxes for $19.99 on a stand-alone basis or for $159.95 as part of FITE.tv’s “FITE FEST” bundle of more than 30 events occurring through the April 3-6 weekend of wrestling festivities in the tri-state area. FITE.tv is a premium digital live streaming network that has presented over 1,900 live professional wrestling, mixed martial arts, boxing and other combat sports events since its launch in 2016. For more information about United We Stand on FITE.tv, visit www.FITE.tv.
A subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., IMPACT Wrestling will present United We Stand in collaboration with WrestlePro. Emanating from Rahway Recreation Center, the show will take place on the busiest wrestling weekend of the year, as virtually the entire professional wrestling world descends upon the New York metropolitan area.
IMPACT Wrestling previously announced a collaboration with MLW for their respective events on April 4, coordinating schedules to ensure fans can attend both shows.
Directions from Melrose Ballroom, which hosts MLW’s television tapings, to Rahway Recreation Center can be found below:
By Transit or Subway
- Walk approximately 3 minutes from Melrose Ballroom to 31st & 36th Ave. to the W Train
- Take train approximately 17 minutes to 34th St. – Penn Station.
- Alternate route: N Train also goes direct to 34th St. – Penn Station.
- Take NJ Transit 7 stops approximately 35 minutes to Rahway, NJ.
- Cross the street and enter Rahway Recreation Center on 275 E. Milton Ave.
- Drive through Manhattan via Lincoln Tunnel or Holland Tunnel.
- Drive through Staten Island via Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge.
Both routes will bring you to NJ Turnpike South to Rahway, NJ.
For More Information Contact:
Sr. Director, Programming & Communications
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.
About IMPACT Wrestling
IMPACT Wrestling is one of the world’s largest wrestling entertainment properties, creating more than 300 hours of original content annually across television and other digital platforms. IMPACT Wrestling specializes in creating premium content, events, products, merchandise and music, as well as the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. Its highly successful flagship, IMPACT!, is broadcast globally, including Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Pursuit Channel and Twitch in the United States, Fight Network and GameTV in Canada, Sony ESPN in India, 5Spike and Fight Network in the United Kingdom, SuperSport in Africa, and MVStv in Mexico.
For more information visit www.impactwrestling.com.
FITE TV is the largest independent digital streaming platform for combat sports featuring over 1,000 pay per view events per year available a-la-carte. FITE is free to join through its downloadable apps for iOS and Android devices, Apple TV, Android TV, ROKU and Amazon Fire TV. FITE streams live events from the MMA, Boxing and Pro Wrestling world to its 1.1M registered viewers. Available online at www.FITE.tv.